Friday, August 29, 2008

Beijing Olympics 2008 Closing Ceremony

Did any of you catch the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics?

The part with hordes of young pretty Chinese girls playing the Erhu together is quite lovely.

They really look like they can play. Their hand motions are very fluid. But I doubt they are playing live.

Their Erhus look very interesting. The headstock is something like this Erhu that I have (Click here).

I can't figure out how they support the Erhu to play standing up. It looks nothing like the Erhu belt clip I have. The base looks thick and heavy. I'll see if I can get my hands on one of these just for the fun of it.

The golfing attire is charming, but I would prefer a more traditional attire though. I think that's because the closing ceremony is suppose to portray a modern China, contrary to the opening ceremony.

Here's a video link for those who have missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-ptMfsaK8

Catch it before it gets taken down!

No comments:

Post a Comment