Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where is My Pipa!!!!?????

I have been selling instruments online to customers all over the world for quite sometime now, since May 2006.

Most of the transactions have been smooth and hassle free.

Of course they were some issues here and there, like forgetting to insert dimo or erjiao together with the Dizi, items arrived damaged etc. But all these were resolved quickly and easily.

There was once instance where I mistakenly sent 2 Erhus to a customer instead of 1. The customer had different addresses for his paypal account and his ebay account. Hence I sent Erhus to his 2 different addresses. And because of that, I was late in sending an Erhu to another customer who decided to cancel his order and I had to refund him his money. Efforts to contact the customer who received 2 Erhus from me was met with silence. I suppose the temptation of owning 2 Erhus for the price of 1 was too great to resist.

More recently we made a big boo boo. We mixed up 2 mailing labels. One customer ordered a Shanghai Dunhuang Spruce Wood Pipa with Rosewood Pegs and the other a bullet shaped Erhu case. I sent the Pipa to the Erhu customer and the Erhu case to the Pipa customer!

So came an email from my Erhu customer about the Pipa:
"I have already a hard time learning erhu, Sung Wah....hehe...so what
do you want us to do about this thing?"

Then came the email from the Pipa customer about the Erhu case:
"HI! ,... My pipa arrived and all there was ,... was a case,.. NO INSTRUMENT ,.. no strings no tone generator no nails no dvd ... nothing .. all i got was a case ! ,.... can you please tell me why that IS! and send me instrument and all other items ,... i paid for ! Adult size PIPA!"

Ooops......

I can imagine the horror on my Pipa customer's face when he got the empty Erhu case. My Erhu customer was going to use the Pipa as a frying pan before I stopped him in time.

But all is good now. I have got them to send the items to each other and I will reimburse the shipping fees.

In kind, in the form of canned snails, for my Erhu customer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment